Our Progress 2019
Big Picture Indicators of Success By 2025
Forward Wayne County initiative was created to measurably improve Wayne County’s future economic stability through data driven collective efforts. This page provides you with indicators on our county’s progress.
The 2 key pillars have 4 key strategic priorities:
- Our People – focuses on helping the people in our community grow as individuals with these priorities; Early Childhood Success, Educational Attainment, Employability, and Health and Wellness.
- Our Community – focuses on improving the quality of our community through these priorities; Neighborhood Development, Government and Policy, Environment, and Arts and Culture projects.
Below you will see the big picture indicators that we measure our success against. With this information, our community can decide priorities, shape and pursue effective policies, and seek external funding opportunities. They can also use the data to drive business and organizational decisions, as well as to build collaboration and partnerships that will result in meaningful change.
Focusing On Our Population
To increase our county’s population over the next 25 years we are dedicated to improving the quality of life for our residents and future residents by:
- Creating projects and programs that make Wayne County a great place to live, work, and play
- Focusing on enhancing our county’s neighborhoods, cities and towns
- Continuing to incorporate arts and culture into the every day lives our residents
- Promoting and supporting Health and Wellness efforts
- Ensuring parents have access to quality preschools and daycares
- Helping our residents reach their definition of career success
Focusing On Personal Income
Forward Wayne County supports many efforts to help increase the per capita personal income of our residents by supporting projects, initiatives, programs and access to resources aimed at increasing income of our residents. These include a focus on:
- Technical training
- Soft skills development
- Encouraging entrepreneurship
- Helping our residents access education like certificates, degrees and more each their definition of career success
Focused on Percent Living in Poverty
Forward Wayne County believes in supporting initiatives aimed at decreasing the number of our community residents living in poverty. We do this by:
- Collaborating with organizations that are focused on helping our residents reach their career goals
- Supporting organizations that are providing support and opportunities for our residents to further their education or exploring ways to upskill